Platforms and consoles
Sons of the Forest is a long-awaited survival game that is set to be released in 2023 and will only be available on PC. While there have been no announcements regarding additional platform support, it is possible that the game will eventually be made available on other consoles in the future.
Currently, Endnight Games Ltd. has not announced any plans to release Sons of the Forest on other platforms or consoles. However, it is worth noting that The Forest, the game’s predecessor, was eventually released on multiple platforms, including PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
What are the Sons of the Forest PC requirements?
The minimum and recommended specifications for playing Sons of the Forest are as follows:
- OS: 64-bit Windows 10
- Processor: INTEL CORE I5-8400 or AMD RYZEN 3 3300X
- Memory: 12 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB or AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 20 GB available space
- OS: 64-bit Windows 10
- Processor: INTEL CORE I7-8700K or AMD RYZEN 5 3600X
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 1080Ti or AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 20 GB available space
- It’s important to note that the official page recommends using an SSD for both versions.
Recommended PC Builders
If your PC doesn’t match the requirements of the game, our recommended PC Builder is Vibox which can build you a PC to your exact needs.
How many players are there in multiplayer?
Sons of the Forest will also feature multiplayer modes, allowing players to team up with friends and take on the challenges of the forest together. The game will feature both cooperative and competitive modes, with up to four players able to join a single game.
There is room for up to eight players in Sons of the Forest’s multiplayer lobbies, so you and up to seven friends can explore the game’s island together. One option is to allow anyone to join your server, while another is to limit access to the lobby to invited players only. Two non-playable characters (NPCs) in the game are artificial intelligence you can befriend. Add Virginia and Kevin to your group, and you’ll be surprised at how much easier it is to survive. In cooperative mode, players will need to work together to gather resources, build shelter, and fend off the various enemies that inhabit the forest. In competitive mode, players will compete against each other to see who can survive the longest in the harsh environment of the forest.
The Gameplay in Sons of the Forest will be similar to its predecessor, with the player being stranded in a remote wilderness area and forced to survive against various threats. The game will feature a wide range of gameplay mechanics, including exploration, crafting, hunting, and combat.
The main objective of the game is to survive in a hostile environment while uncovering the mysteries of the island. The player will need to scavenge for resources and materials to create weapons, tools, and shelter. The game will feature a day and night cycle, with the player needing to survive both the harsh wilderness and any creatures or monsters that roam the island.
The game will feature an open-world environment, with the player free to explore the island and its various locations. The island is filled with hidden secrets, and players will need to explore every corner to find them. The game will also feature a dynamic weather system, with different weather patterns affecting gameplay.
Sons of the Forest will introduce new gameplay mechanics such as swimming and underwater exploration. The game will also feature new enemies and creatures, including mutated animals and mysterious humanoid creatures. The game promises to offer a more intense and frightening experience than its predecessor, with improved graphics and sound design.
One of the key new features in Sons of the Forest is the ability to create custom structures. Players will be able to design and build their own structures using various materials, allowing them to create unique bases and fortifications to defend against enemies.
Map and setting
The map for Sons of the Forest is based, at least in part, on the Site 2 map from the first game, and it will be roughly four times the size of The Forest. Sons of the Forest is also set in a Pacific Northwest-like world, but it will have dynamic seasons to add more variety. This will affect not only the aesthetics of the island, but also your strategy for surviving there; for instance, the availability of food will change from summer to winter, and the elements will cause enemies to behave differently, adding to the difficulty.
Companions, AI and NPCs
Changes to the NPCs, including a new artificial intelligence system called V.A.I.L., are one of the most noticeable differences between The Forest and Sons of the Forest. Hunger, thirst, and mental condition will all have an effect on a character’s daily routine and how they respond to situations.
The developer has hinted that the cannibals will find elaborate ways to coordinate their attacks and that you can even use fear as a weapon against them if you’re wise with your resources. Enemies will also have their own ecosystems, and your choices will affect whether mutants are more likely to stick to the network of underground caves or roam the wilds above.
Also, by giving instructions, you may enlist the assistance of Sons of the Forest companions. Your attempts to survive will be greatly aided by these AI assistants’ ability to collect resources and do other time-consuming tasks.
Building and crafting
The crafting, constructing, and cooking systems in Sons of the Forest will be significantly upgraded. The new digging mechanism and 3D printing feature in Endnight allow players to craft more sophisticated things, whether for basic survival needs or to stand out from the crowd in multiplayer.
Building will still play a significant role in Sons of the Forest, but players should anticipate a more realistic set of mechanics to make them feel more at home in the environment. The area for a window in your new fort can be easily hacked out with an axe; spears can be fashioned from honed logs; and campfires may be kindled with little more than a few snapped twigs. Even with the addition of more difficult crafting methods, Sons of the Forest will still be at its core a survival horror game, thus careful management of your supplies and environmental factors will be essential.
Here are some tips for playing Sons of the Forest:
- Gather Resources: Resources are essential for survival, so make sure you gather as many resources as possible. Look for rocks, sticks, and other objects that can be used for crafting tools, weapons, and shelter.
- Build a Shelter: Building a shelter is crucial to protect yourself from the harsh elements and dangerous creatures in the forest. Build a basic shelter with leaves and sticks, and upgrade it as you progress.
- Craft Tools and Weapons: Tools and weapons are essential for gathering resources and defending against enemies. Start by crafting a basic axe and upgrade to more advanced weapons as you progress.
- Stay Hidden: The forest is home to many dangerous creatures, so stay hidden and avoid drawing attention to yourself. Move quietly and use stealth to avoid detection.
- Explore: The forest is vast, and there are many secrets to discover. Take your time to explore every corner of the map, and you may uncover hidden treasures, rare resources, and other surprises.
- Work Together: If playing multiplayer, work together with other players to gather resources, build shelter, and defend against enemies. Communication is key in multiplayer, so make sure to communicate effectively.
- Be Prepared: Always be prepared for the worst. Keep a stockpile of resources, weapons, and other essential items in case of emergencies. Don’t get caught off guard!
When is the Sons of the Forest release date?
The Sons of the Forest release date is Thursday 23rd February. The game has been delayed twice, having previously been scheduled for May 2022 and October 2022 release windows before moving to its current date.
What is the UK launch time for Sons of the Forest?
On February 23, 2023, Sons of the Forest will enter its Early Access phase. On that day, at 5 p.m. in the United Kingdom, the game will be made accessible.